We are looking for a Restaurant Manager, responsible for managing the daily operations of our fast-paced, fine dining restaurant, including the selection, development, and performance management of our employees. In addition, the position oversees and ensures that guests are satisfied with their dining experience, by touching tables as much as possible.
The restaurant manager is the head of the dining establishment and provides inspiring leadership to the team, motivating them to work harder and more effectively. The manager works with the team to develop strategies that reduce costs and increase sales within the company, while ensuring that customers have a positive experience and become returning customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Control operations by developing effective policies, creating high standards and working to make adjustments when appropriate.
- Ensure an outstanding dining experience by regulating presentation, taste, service, and atmosphere for all guests.
- Develop ways to cultivate a regular customer pool.
- Supervise a team of employees; work to create a cohesive unit of people who effectively communicate; create a hiring process for key staff that ensures qualified people are selected, trained, and retained; consider actions of employees in various situations that deem commendation or disciplinary action.
- Follow all appropriate health codes and local jurisdiction food handling requirements, maintain food safety certifications, and model exemplary food health safety practices to employees.
- Create a professional atmosphere that sustains top employee safety standards and provides guidelines to personnel to eliminate hazards and dangers in the workplace.
- Look for new and innovative solutions to problems in the restaurant industry.
- Lead the restaurant to achieve new and greater goals to stand above the competition within the industry.
Qualifications and Competencies / General Expectations:
- At least 3 years of restaurant management experience
- Computer proficiency, including knowledge of MS Office and POS systems (Toast experience a plus)
- Proficient in the following dimensions of restaurant functions: food planning and preparation, purchasing, sanitation, security
- Must be able to maintain tact and cool under pressure
- Able to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Excellent guest service skills
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00 - $65,000.00 per year
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 3 years
- Fine dining restaurant
Work Location: One location
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.